Writer – Limited Term Employment (LTE)
The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association (WFAA)*, the private fundraising and alumni relations organization for UW-Madison, is recruiting for a Writer to join the Communications team. This is an LTE position and will work approximately 30 hours / week. This position will help proofread and copyedit WFAA materials and will manage submissions to and write material for the Class Notes section of On Wisconsin magazine.
Who is WFAA?
The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association is a private, nonprofit corporation that encourages individuals and organizations to make gifts to the university and to connect with the UW. In 2014, the UW Foundation merged with the Wisconsin Alumni Association® to better serve a growing population of UW alumni and donors. We believe that private support grows out of good relationships between campus leaders, faculty and program staff who need support, and the alumni and friends who want to invest in UW–Madison. We provide important engagement opportunities to link UW–Madison alumni to each other and to their alma mater, building a strong community of Badgers.
Diversity and Inclusion:
Just as the university community benefits from differing viewpoints, perspectives, and experiences, inclusion and diversity are imperative for the success of our mission. WFAA values people and the differences that they bring to the organization, and creates an environment in which all staff members and constituents feel respected and have opportunities to thrive.
- Interview alumni, faculty, staff, and students
- Write articles for WFAA’s print and digital publications and its websites
- Generate ideas for articles
- Assist with editing and copyediting as needed
- Write gift proposals
- Assist development staff in the creation of their donor communications
- Generate story ideas from conversations with development staff
- Contribute, as needed, to marketing teams
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in English, Journalism, or a related field.
- 1+ writing / copyeditor related experience.
- Experience creating content about diverse constituencies.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, InDesign, and Acrobat.
- Strong sense of initiative and understanding of marketing and journalistic concepts.
WFAA is committed to provide our employees with an environment that is inspiring, creative and respectful.
The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer *The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association is the “doing business as” name of the merged organization comprising the University of Wisconsin Foundation (supportuw.org) and the Wisconsin Alumni Association (uwalumni.com). Its legal corporate name is registered as the University of Wisconsin Foundation.