Senior Data Analyst
The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association (WFAA)*, the private fundraising and alumni relations organization for UW-Madison, is recruiting for a Senior Data Analyst to join our Data Solutions Team. The Senior Data Analyst provides quantitative decision support to improve effectiveness of fundraising, marketing and engagement programs. Provides leadership and technical expertise in support of the WFAA data analytics program. Translates business objectives into analytics solutions. Summarizes key findings and insights to key stakeholders to inform business strategy and optimize results.
Who is WFAA?
The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association is a private, nonprofit corporation that encourages individuals and organizations to make gifts to the university and to connect with the UW. In 2014, the UW Foundation merged with the Wisconsin Alumni Association® to better serve a growing population of UW alumni and donors. We believe that private support grows out of good relationships between campus leaders, faculty and program staff who need support, and the alumni and friends who want to invest in UW–Madison. We provide important engagement opportunities to link UW–Madison alumni to each other and to their alma mater, building a strong community of Badgers.
Diversity and Inclusion:
Just as the university community benefits from differing viewpoints, perspectives, and experiences, inclusion and diversity are imperative for the success of our mission. WFAA values people and the differences that they bring to the organization, and creates an environment in which all staff members and constituents feel respected and have opportunities to thrive.
Data Analysis and Modeling
- Analyze and segment suspect pools for development, as well as target audiences for engagement and marketing, to maximize business results.
- Analyze prospect universe and movement of prospects through the pipeline, in order to inform development team assessment and strategy.
- Deliver statistical trend analysis, including performance, forecasting and projection reports.
- Utilize best practices on statistical graphics and data visualization to deliver presentation-ready analysis for internal or external audiences.
- Present analytical findings to various stakeholders, advising on how to use results to inform business strategy.
- Collaborate with IT teams to understand data needs and priorities, identify opportunities for analytics services, and operationalize analytics tools into reports.
- Identify and manage data acquisition projects in support of analytics, including wealth screening, demographic and behavioral profiles, discretionary spending, etc.
- Develop strategy and oversee projects around capacity, readiness and other modeling or rating scores. Support dynamic scoring and advise on solutions for delivering scores to stakeholders.
- Develop the tools needed to perform analyses and advise on technology requirements, in collaboration with IT staff.
- Assess recurring processes such as data selection and production of model scores and seek to automate processes whenever possible.
Leadership, Project Management, Training and Team Development
- Lead the Analytics team development of best practices and implementation of analytics tools and techniques.
- Provide coaching, mentoring support to staff for development opportunities and career path guidance.
- Educate research, development, marketing and engagement staff on how to utilize data to inform strategy and business decisions.
- In collaboration with the Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence Technical Manager, maintain and prioritize analytics project backlog. Engage business leaders in determining priority.
- Formulate solutions for customer/user needs in accordance with overall business strategies.
- Lead and participate in benchmarking with peer institutions.
- Stay current with industry trends.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in quantitative research-based discipline (e.g., Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Economics, Quantitative Social Science) or equivalent expedience.
- 5+ years’ demonstrated statistical research experience.
- 3+ years’ experience in a quantitative or analytics role in support of internal or external clients.
- Experience using data sets to build predictive models (e.g., logistic regression, decision tree).
- Proficiency with analytics, querying and visualization tools such as SPSS, SAS, SQL, and Tableau.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel.
- Experience with customer/constituent management software (CRM), preferably Blackbaud CRM or Raiser’s Edge.
- Experience with project management.
- Experience working in non-profit fundraising environments.
- Solid understanding of relational database concepts and ability to design analytical reports using statistical or report writing software.
- Strong experience wokring with R, Python or Perl in a business environment.
WFAA is committed to provide our employees with an environment that is inspiring, creative and respectful. We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits program, which includes a 10% 401k contribution after 1 year of service
The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer *The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association is the “doing business as” name of the merged organization comprising the University of Wisconsin Foundation (supportuw.org) and the Wisconsin Alumni Association (uwalumni.com). Its legal corporate name is registered as the University of Wisconsin Foundation.