Registration & Engagement Operations Specialist – Limited Term Employment (LTE)
WFAA encourages individuals working out of WFAA offices or conducting in-person business to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. WFAA does not at this time require vaccination for in-person work or other business activity, but reserves the right to put in place such a requirement in the future. Should it do so WFAA will consider requests for accommodations only as required under applicable law.
The WFAA is seeking a full time Limted Term Employement (LTE) Registration & Engagement Operations Specialist to work through the end of 2022. In this role, you will support WFAA engagement activities by providing functional expertise in event registration systems, administrative processes, and event technology. Works collaboratively with cross-divisional teams to process registration and event data and ensure the flow of constituent, event and vendor information through the proper channels. Participates on project teams and offers excellent customer service to internal and external constituents and stakeholders This is a hybrid position and will require you to work onsite in our 650 N. Lake Street office at least two (2) days per week.
Who is WFAA?
The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association is a private, nonprofit corporation that encourages individuals and organizations to make gifts to the university and to connect with the UW. In 2014, the UW Foundation merged with the Wisconsin Alumni Association® to better serve a growing population of UW alumni and donors. We believe that private support grows out of good relationships between campus leaders, faculty and program staff who need support, and the alumni and friends who want to invest in UW–Madison. We provide important engagement opportunities to link UW–Madison alumni to each other and to their alma mater, building a strong community of Badgers.
Diversity and Inclusion:
Just as the university community benefits from differing viewpoints, perspectives, and experiences, inclusion and diversity are imperative for the success of our mission. WFAA values people and the differences that they bring to the organization, and creates an environment in which all staff members and constituents feel respected and have opportunities to thrive.
- Demonstrate an understanding of and effectively utilize organizational administrative policies and processes
- Learn and comfortably use a variety of project and customer service management tools to facilitate work across WFAA divisions
- Set and maintain planning timelines in collaboration with program owners, and the project management team
- Process event vendor contracts and invoices in accordance with established, required procedures
- Track event costs and performance through reports and analysis
- Execute administrative duties to support daily functions of the Engagement Operations Team
- Assist with the processing of daily registration batches and regular reconciliation
- Ensure proper handling and documentation of bank deposits, responding as needed to registration and receipting-related inquiries
- Act as the liaison between the WFAA legal team and project team on event legal requirements
- Participate in team meetings, document and be responsible to take-aways related to role as needed
- Assist with scheduling and overseeing staff, alumni and student volunteers for event support
- Fulfill event registration materials and assist with preparation of event material, collateral and details
- Provide on-site support during program and event implementation as needed
- Learn and comfortably use customer relations management (CRM) database and registration tools to support event activities
- Create and update constituent records in the WFAA CRM, including contact information, communication preferences, and other demographic data in accordance with WFAA procedures
- Apply alumni engagement metrics to maximize return of programs and events
- Create and document program surveys and evaluations
- Assist with post-event and quarterly event reporting
- Facilitate communication and documentation of legal participation waivers
- Understand strategies and outcomes of registration needs and set up systems and reports accordingly to best support projects
- Design and develop simple database and event registration sites in the registration software and the WFAA CRM
- Facilitate client registrations through multiple channels
- Update constituent data in the enterprise CRM
- Process event registrations and payments in accordance with established, required procedures
- Track event performance through cross-event reports and analysis
Event Technology Support
- Demonstrate effective use of multiple event and meeting technologies
- Assist with virtual event production, including but not limited to
- Facilitating virtual rehearsals with internal and external stakeholders
- Onsite testing with third-party vendors
- Identify and respond to platform issues and staying, up-to-date on platform trainings and developments
- Maintain A/V inventory and coordinate speaker needs with project teams
Requirements and Qualifications
- Customer service experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook, and Word specifically
- Willing and able to work evening and weekend hours and possibly travel
- Capability to become proficient in a variety of data management systems
- Experience in a professional setting in a related field, preferably a non-profit or educational institution.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to effectively interact with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate positively within a team environment.
- Manage multiple tasks and maintain a high degree of discretion.
- Strong problem-solving and prioritization skills
- Prior work experience and/or knowledge of academic environment structure is helpful.
*The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer *The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association (advanceuw.org) is the “doing business as” name of the merged organization comprising the University of Wisconsin Foundation (supportuw.org) and the Wisconsin Alumni Association (uwalumni.com). Its legal corporate name is registered as the University of Wisconsin Foundation.