Marketing / Senior Marketing Coordinator
The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association (WFAA)*, the private fundraising and alumni relations organization for the UW-Madison, is recruiting for a Marketing / Senior Marketing Coordinator to join the Marketing & Communications team. The Marketing / Senior Marketing Coordinator is responsible for providing marketing support and intelligence by leading the execution of marketing plans to achieve specific business goals, drive engagement/advancement, and promote the WAA, UWF and UW brands. This role ensures successful and timely completion of projects through utilization of project management software and ensures all activities support the WFAA’s mission and the program’s strategic direction.
Please note: We can hire this position as a Marketing Coordinator or Senior Marketing Coordinator, depending on skills/ experience of the selected candidate.
Who is WFAA?
The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association is a private, nonprofit corporation that encourages individuals and organizations to make gifts to the university and to connect with the UW. In 2014, the UW Foundation merged with the Wisconsin Alumni Association® to better serve a growing population of UW alumni and donors. We believe that private support grows out of good relationships between campus leaders, faculty and program staff who need support, and the alumni and friends who want to invest in UW–Madison. We provide important engagement opportunities to link UW–Madison alumni to each other and to their alma mater, building a strong community of Badgers.
Diversity and Inclusion:
Just as the university community benefits from differing viewpoints, perspectives, and experiences, inclusion and diversity are imperative for the success of our mission. WFAA values people and the differences that they bring to the organization, and creates an environment in which all staff members and constituents feel respected and have opportunities to thrive.
Lead the execution of marketing strategy touchpoints
- Develop detailed tactical plans for use by the cross-functional teams for each campaign and communications vehicle.
- Establish centralized coordination of all project management processes using appropriate tools.
- Communicate project requirements, priorities and schedules to all parties involved.
- Review and advise on creative marketing materials.
- Coordinate development, production and delivery of marketing collateral.
- Manage the integration of “modern campaign” development–next-generation and integrated marketing communication strategies and programs.
- Ensure seamless integration across channels.
- Proactively identify project issues and seek out solutions.
- Support the project resource management process within and across teams.
Monitor and track key performance indicators
- Run performance reports and work with the Marketing team and Annual Giving team to measure digital and direct mail success.
- Work with registration unit and database managers to establish monitoring system and data transfer processes.
Synthesize and mine relevant data to help inform insights
- Assist in coordinating the flow of data/information between internal teams and external partners.
- Collect and summarize qualitative and quantitative customer data from multiple sources.
- Mine and research secondary sources including, but not limited to, social media channels, consumer feedback channels, and industry/trend reports.
- Identify trends related to consumer experience and variations across time periods, geographies, and customer segments.
- Support the development and implementation of market research.
Assist in process and development of marketing plans and strategies
- Deliver appropriate business rationale and analysis to support specific program / event / communication opportunities.
- Identify target audiences and develop segmented list criteria for marketing communications.
- Assist in the development of marketing and creative briefs.
- Explore opportunities and ideas for cross-channel development.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 2 + years of experience in marketing or related field.
- Knowledge of marketing best practices, brand value, and marketing strategies and tactics, including writing and developing marketing plans.
- Past experience with or the desire to learn about annual giving and direct response marketing.
- Project management skills.
- Knowledge of and passion for UW-Madison and higher education.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and database systems
- Collaboration/Teamwork and Building Partnerships/Coalitions: Recognizes and capitalizes on the contributions and strengths of others internally and externally. Willingly shares knowledge and initiates knowledge transfer. Works cooperatively with others to be part of a team as opposed to working separately or competitively. Volunteers to help co-workers meet deadlines. Identifies shared and complimentary interests, establishes a basis of trust and good will, and develops clear frameworks for partnering to avoid misunderstandings. Consistently treats people with respect and dignity. Delivers and receives feedback objectively for the good of the team and project.
- Results/Goal Orientation: Demonstrates a concern for achieving results and/or meeting goals against internal and external standards of excellence. Focuses on results not just activities or long hours. Shows a strong drive to follow through with and complete what.
WFAA is committed to provide our employees with an environment that is inspiring, creative and respectful. We offer competitive pay and an excellent benefits program, which includes a 10% 401k contribution after 1 year of service!
The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer *The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association (advanceuw.org) is the “doing business as” name of the merged organization comprising the University of Wisconsin Foundation (supportuw.org) and the Wisconsin Alumni Association (uwalumni.com). Its legal corporate name is registered as the University of Wisconsin Foundation.