Ideas are a must and so is leadership! As one of our Marketing Directors, you’ll collaborate with your team and others to concept big ideas and develop them into powerful campaigns. If you have ideas…let’s hear them. You will also lead direct reports, cross-functional teams and idea adoption across the organization. There is a difference between management and leadership and we are looking for the latter. You will be working on multiple brands across a wide-range of programs all with a singular mission — advancing UW-Madison as one of the world’s greatest universities.
Who is WFAA?
The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association is a private, nonprofit corporation that encourages individuals and organizations to make gifts to the university and to connect with the UW. In 2014, the UW Foundation merged with the Wisconsin Alumni Association® to better serve a growing population of UW alumni and donors. We believe that private support grows out of good relationships between campus leaders, faculty and program staff who need support, and the alumni and friends who want to invest in UW–Madison. We provide important engagement opportunities to link UW–Madison alumni to each other and to their alma mater, building a strong community of Badgers.
Diversity and Inclusion:
Just as the university community benefits from differing viewpoints, perspectives, and experiences, inclusion and diversity are imperative for the success of our mission. WFAA values people and the differences that they bring to the organization, and creates an environment in which all staff members and constituents feel respected and have opportunities to thrive.
Develops marketing strategies and delivers campaigns to engage our audience while driving response
- Develops and implements brand strategies and determines channels, tools and content for organizational growth opportunities.
- Identifies high-impact strategic opportunities and develops effective campaigns that deliver advancement results.
- Leads individual marketing teams to execute against campaigns, programs and projects across an expanse of portfolio areas.
- Identifies and reports metrics regarding campaign/program/project effectiveness.
- Manages revenue, expense, operations and goals for their team.
- Delivers appropriate business rationale and analysis to support specific program/event/communication opportunities.
- Integrates strategies across multi-channeled approach and explores opportunities and ideas for cross-channel development.
- Reviews and advises on creative briefs and marketing materials when necessary.
- Delegates specific tasks and execution of various tactics to other team members.
Identifies relevant consumer insights to inform business decisions.
- Analyzes qualitative and quantitative customer data from multiple sources.
- Mines and researches secondary sources including, but not limited to, social media channels, consumer feedback channels, and industry/trend reports.
- Analyzes data and identifies trends related to consumer experience and variations across time periods, geographies, and customer segments.
- Assists in coordinating the flow of data/information between internal teams and external partners.
Establishes, monitors and reports on key performance indicators
- Drives business decisions based on the review of campaign performance and reporting analytics.
- Ensures performance indicators are established at project/campaign outset.
- Reports out to the business on current project/campaign success or effectiveness.
Human Resource Management
- Work with leadership to determine staffing needs, design jobs, write/update job descriptions and allocate team members and assign/delegate duties accordingly.
- Recruit, interview and select highly talented and qualified team members for open positions.
- Orient, train, mentor, coach, and develop team members, encouraging an appropriate level of independence supporting professional growth.
- Manage, establish, delegate, communicate, monitor and reinforce team assignments, accountabilities, performance expectations and goals.
- Effectively manage change initiatives affecting team member organization and responsibilities.
- Provide ongoing feedback and recognition as well as periodic formal performance appraisals.
- Manage and collaborate with team members on their work, providing guidance, problem solving, insight, etc., to support their success.
- Communicate, support and apply WFAA policies and procedures in collaboration with Human Resources and other management team members.
- Review and approve expense reports reinforcing the WFAA travel and expense policies.
Requirements and Qualifications
- 8 + years of marketing experience
- Leadership skills that inspire and influence your team and the organization
- Incredible idea generation and a vision to make them happen
- Stellar organizational skills to help manage projects
- Ability to deliver campaigns across traditional and nontraditional channels (social, experiential, environmental, etc)
- Commanding presentation skills to show your work and gain buy in
- Hunger for what’s next and new
- Great attitude | How we get the work done is as important as the work we do; positivity and inclusiveness required
WFAA is committed to provide our employees with an environment that is inspiring, creative and respectful. We offer competitive pay and an excellent benefits program, which includes a 10% 401k contribution after 1 year of service!
The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer *The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association is the “doing business as” name of the merged organization comprising the University of Wisconsin Foundation (supportuw.org) and the Wisconsin Alumni Association (uwalumni.com). Its legal corporate name is registered as the University of Wisconsin Foundation.