Human Resources Coordinator
The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association (WFAA)*, the private fundraising and alumni relations organization for UW-Madison, is recruiting for a Human Resources (HR) Coordinator to join the Human Resources team! The HR Coordinator will report to the Talent Development Manager, and support the Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO), HR team, and key stakeholders to provide HR services in effort to achieve our overall WFAA mission and goals. This position will be responsible for supporting WFAA’s full suite of HR services.
Who is WFAA?
The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association is a private, nonprofit corporation that encourages individuals and organizations to make gifts to the university and to connect with the UW. In 2014, the UW Foundation merged with the Wisconsin Alumni Association® to better serve a growing population of UW alumni and donors. We believe that private support grows out of good relationships between campus leaders, faculty and program staff who need support, and the alumni and friends who want to invest in UW–Madison. We provide important engagement opportunities to link UW–Madison alumni to each other and to their alma mater, building a strong community of Badgers.
Diversity and Inclusion:
Just as the university community benefits from differing viewpoints, perspectives, and experiences, inclusion and diversity are imperative for the success of our mission. WFAA values people and the differences that they bring to the organization, and creates an environment in which all staff members and constituents feel respected and have opportunities to thrive.
Talent Development Support
- Assist trainers with coordination of training courses and events by scheduling training facilities and/or Virtual platforms (i.e. Zoom) and caring for details of training administration.
- Perform Virtual Event Production for training sessions by partnering with facilitator to schedule and send participants to breakout rooms, add resources in chat, and other support as needed.
- Support the Learning Management System which includes: add new courses, manage enrollments, assign courses, create learning plans, run reports for managers and trainers, research new functionality, document processes and cross-train an LMS back up.
- Update, proofread and edit training course materials including course materials, facilitator guides and training documentation.
- Provide administration for training resources such as Academic Impressions, Franklin Covey, Jhana, DiSC, etc.
- Manage training compliance for WFAA required courses.
- Maintain WFAA training calendar by publishing existing information and proactively scanning newsletter, websites, partner resources for applicable training.
- Create and maintain training materials, job aids and other collateral to ensure that our learning solutions meet the needs of learners.
- Distribute, analyze and report evaluations for training programs.
Human Resource Team Support
- Support the administration and application of company-wide human resource policies, procedures, and practices.
- Partner with Recruitment Program Manager to post positions, schedule interviews, onboard employees, and prepare candidate information.
- Assist with employee onboarding and orientation processes including I-9 verification process and creating new employee notifications.
- Maintain and update HR intranet site with accurate information and resources for WFAA employees.
- Process all HR invoices and payments.
- Complete all employment verifications for past and current WFAA staff as requested.
- Participate in HR and WFAA processes and projects as appropriate.
Requirements and Qualifications
- 1+ years Human Resources experience or related experience.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn human resource information system (HRIS), learning management system (LMS) and similar computer applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations with tact, professionalism, and diplomacy.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to handle multiple projects to meet deadlines.
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
WFAA is committed to provide our employees with an environment that is inspiring, creative and respectful. We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits program, which includes a 10% 401k contribution after 1 year of service
The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer *The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association is the “doing business as” name of the merged organization comprising the University of Wisconsin Foundation (supportuw.org) and the Wisconsin Alumni Association (uwalumni.com). Its legal corporate name is registered as the University of Wisconsin Foundation.