WFAA requires all individuals working out of WFAA offices or conducting in-person business to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. WFAA will consider requests for reasonable accommodation as required under applicable law.
The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association (WFAA)*, the private fundraising and alumni relations organization for the University of Wisconsin–Madison, is recruiting for a Gift Processing Analyst to join the Finance team. The Gift Processing Analyst ensures gifts and commitments are received and processed according based on donor intent, WFAA and industry standards. Provides exceptional customer service to donors, WFAA and UW-Madison staff. We are open to remote hire for this position.
Who is WFAA?
The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association is a private, nonprofit corporation that encourages individuals and organizations to make gifts to the university and to connect with the UW. In 2014, the UW Foundation merged with the Wisconsin Alumni Association® to better serve a growing population of UW alumni and donors. We believe that private support grows out of good relationships between campus leaders, faculty and program staff who need support, and the alumni and friends who want to invest in UW–Madison. We provide important engagement opportunities to link UW–Madison alumni to each other and to their alma mater, building a strong community of Badgers.
Diversity and Inclusion:
Just as the university community benefits from differing viewpoints, perspectives, and experiences, inclusion and diversity are imperative for the success of our mission. WFAA values people and the differences that they bring to the organization, and creates an environment in which all staff members and constituents feel respected and have opportunities to thrive.
- Collect and interpret gift transaction data, and ensure it is entered into the gift management system according to donor intent while also conforming to WFAA and industry standards.
- Work with a variety of banking, credit card processing and fundraising systems to capture donor information, reconcile transactions and deposit funds.
- Maintain knowledge of CASE standards and IRS guidelines regarding charitable gift handling.
- Create and update constituent records in the WFAA CRM, including contact information, communication preferences, and other demographic data in accordance with WFAA procedures.
- Resolve gift-related customer service inquiries from donors, WFAA staff and campus partners using help desk software, phone and email.
- Produce various gift-related communications using a combination of email, Microsoft Word mail merge functions and editing skills.
- Contribute to team effectiveness through knowledge-sharing and proactively identifying process improvements.
- Contribute to process documentation and training materials.
Requirements and Qualifications
- 2+ years’ professional experience in business operations, customer service or data management roles.
- Basic knowledge or accounting principles and/or information systems.
- Experience in customer/constituent relationship management (CRM) software.
- Bachelor’s degree or some college education in accounting or business-systems field preferred.
- Excellent task management skills. Strong problem-solving and decision-making abilities. Effective written and oral communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Non-profit fundraising or gift processing experience.
- Mail Merge experience.
- Moderate to Advanced MS Office experience required. Mail Merge experience preferred.
- Experience with Blackbaud CRM, Raiser’s Edge or other fundraising software.
- Ability to learn database query.
WFAA is committed to provide our employees with an environment that is inspiring, creative and respectful. We offer competitive pay and an excellent benefits program, which includes a 10% 401k contribution after 1 year of service!
The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer *The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association is the “doing business as” name of the merged organization comprising the University of Wisconsin Foundation (supportuw.org) and the Wisconsin Alumni Association (uwalumni.com). Its legal corporate name is registered as the University of Wisconsin Foundation.