The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association (WFAA)*, the private fundraising and alumni relations organization for UW-Madison, is recruiting for a Executive Assistant. The Executive Assistant provides a range of administrative support services to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) / Chief Operations Officer (COO) and members of the CFO/COO’s Leadership team to promote efficient delivery of services and, where applicable, effective management of the Operations Division. Maintains high standards of professionalism, efficiency, personal communication, discretion and independent judgment. In working with internal and external contacts, including board members, the Executive Assistant handles a wide range of highly sensitive issues under tight deadlines. Reports directly to the CFO/COO.
Who is WFAA?
The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association is a private, nonprofit corporation that encourages individuals and organizations to make gifts to the university and to connect with the UW. In 2014, the UW Foundation merged with the Wisconsin Alumni Association® to better serve a growing population of UW alumni and donors. We believe that private support grows out of good relationships between campus leaders, faculty and program staff who need support, and the alumni and friends who want to invest in UW–Madison. We provide important engagement opportunities to link UW–Madison alumni to each other and to their alma mater, building a strong community of Badgers.
Diversity and Inclusion:
Just as the university community benefits from differing viewpoints, perspectives, and experiences, inclusion and diversity are imperative for the success of our mission. WFAA values people and the differences that they bring to the organization, and creates an environment in which all staff members and constituents feel respected and have opportunities to thrive.
- The Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact on all matters pertaining to the Chief Financial Officer and members of the CFO/COO’s Leadership Team.
- Assists CFO/COO and members of the CFO/COO’s Leadership Team with daily administrative duties and completes a broad variety of administrative tasks that include managing active appointment calendars; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence; and compiling documents for meetings.
- Communicates with the staff on behalf of the CFO/COO and CFO/COO’s Leadership Team and coordinates logistics with high-level meetings both internally and externally.
- Drafts and prepares written correspondence and reports on behalf of the Leadership Team.
- Supports the Leadership Team with external commitments, including service on external boards, committees, legal organizations, and other groups.
- Performs office management functions as assigned.
- Coordinates with other administrative staff regarding office functions, staff meetings, and awards ceremonies, per CFO/COO and Leadership Team’s request.
Requirements and Qualifications
- 3+ years of experience supporting C-Level Executives
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent planning, time-management, problem-solving skills, and attention to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat, and Social Media web platforms
- Strong respect for and adherence to maintaining the confidentiality of sensitive work product
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners, and donors
WFAA is committed to provide our employees with an environment that is inspiring, creative and respectful. We offer competitive pay and an excellent benefits program, which includes a 10% 401k contribution after 1 year of service!
The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer *The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association is the “doing business as” name of the merged organization comprising the University of Wisconsin Foundation (supportuw.org) and the Wisconsin Alumni Association (uwalumni.com). Its legal corporate name is registered as the University of Wisconsin Foundation.