Email Platforms Manager (Salesforce Marketing Cloud)
WFAA encourages individuals working out of WFAA offices or conducting in-person business to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. WFAA does not at this time require vaccination for in-person work or other business activity, but reserves the right to put in place such a requirement in the future. Should it do so WFAA will consider requests for accommodations only as required under applicable law.
Open to remote candidates.
The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association (WFAA)*, the private fundraising and alumni relations organization for UW-Madison, is recruiting for an experienced Salesforce Marketing Cloud (SMC) expert to join its Digital Experience team. WFAA is in the middle of a digital transformation process and the person in this position will play a critical role in advancing our use of Marketing Cloud through Advertising Studio, Mobile Studio, and advanced journeys/automations in Email Studio.
The Email Platforms Manager will also be a key contributor to our implementation of Salesforce CRM, advise on the implementation, and ensure we’re taking every advantage of our CRM/Marketing Cloud integration. The Email Platforms Manager will be a member of key marketing/program teams, collaborating in the planning, design, and development of targeted email campaigns. As the subject matter expert for SMC, the person in this role will consult with and advise our team of Digital Experience Specialists on best practices and technical solutions to deliver the best possible experience/results via Marketing Cloud.
Who is WFAA?
The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association is a private, nonprofit corporation that encourages individuals and organizations to make gifts to the university and to connect with the UW. In 2014, the UW Foundation merged with the Wisconsin Alumni Association® to better serve a growing population of UW alumni and donors. We believe that private support grows out of good relationships between campus leaders, faculty and program staff who need support, and the alumni and friends who want to invest in UW–Madison. We provide important engagement opportunities to link UW–Madison alumni to each other and to their alma mater, building a strong community of Badgers.
Diversity and Inclusion:
Just as the university community benefits from differing viewpoints, perspectives, and experiences, inclusion and diversity are imperative for the success of our mission. WFAA values people and the differences that they bring to the organization, and creates an environment in which all staff members and constituents feel respected and have opportunities to thrive.
Marketing Cloud Platform Leadership & Administration
- Serve as the product manager and subject matter expert on the Salesforce Marketing Cloud ecosystem (email studio, journey builder, mobile studio, SMS, cloud pages, ad studio, social studio, etc.).
- Play a lead role in the integration of Marketing Cloud with Salesforce CRM and other systems as part of a broader digital transformation program. Collaborates to support the ongoing management of those integrations.
- Working with colleagues on other WFAA teams (e.g. IT, Data Solutions, Marketing), leads the implementation, roll-out, and on-going use of under-utilized Marketing Cloud features, such as mobile studio (SMS) and advertising studio.
- Collaborate with the Data Solutions team to manage data integrations and data syncing between Marketing Cloud, our data warehouse, our CRM, and other systems.
- Manage existing and develop new functionality, such as communication preference pages, leveraging Cloud Pages and related Marketing Cloud functionality.
- Collaborate with web developers on the integration of Marketing Cloud data and/or triggers/automations with WFAA’s websites.
Email Development, Reporting & Quality Assurance
- Collaborate with colleagues to design journeys and blueprints of workflows/processes for lead capture, nurturing, donor/alumni stewardship, and other activities through Marketing Cloud.
- Collaborate in the planning, design, and development of targeted email campaigns for acquisition, retention, and ongoing communications for WFAA, its alumni chapters, and campus partners.
- Develop and deploy advanced email campaigns including automations, triggered emails, one-off user-initiated emails, and A/B tests to improve campaign performance.
- Build targeted audience segments based on email behavioral data, constituent attributes stored in data extensions, and other data sources.
- Develop and consult on the development of advanced email features using Ampscript and other functionality in Marketing Cloud.
- Maintain expertise in email deliverability, sender reputation, inbox placement, and similar areas. Lead the use of the Everest platform (or similar) to prioritize areas of focus and resolve deliverability issues.
- Monitor, analyze, and report on key metrics/analytics to ensure email campaigns are effective.
- Develop and distribute recurring/regular reports that convey effectiveness of email campaigns. Contribute expertise and insights to these reports – beyond simple quantitative metrics.
- Maintain an expert-level understanding of email marketing, marketing automation, and related digital platforms.
- Supervise email development by Digital Experience Specialists, leveraging expertise and experience, to ensure their work meets high levels of quality, deliverability, and accessibility.
- Consult and advise Digital Experience Specialists on best practices and technical solutions to deliver the best possible experience via Marketing Cloud.
- Review emails developed by the Digital Experience team as part of a scheduled “Digital Review” process for quality assurance.
Human Resource Management (optional area depending on experience of the candidate selected)
- Work with leadership to determine staffing needs, write/update job descriptions and allocate team members and assign/delegate duties accordingly.
- Recruit, interview and select highly talented and qualified team members for open positions.
- Orient, train, mentor, coach, and develop team members, encouraging an appropriate level of independence supporting professional growth.
- Manage, establish, delegate, communicate, monitor, and reinforce team assignments, accountabilities, performance expectations and goals.
- Effectively manage change initiatives affecting team member organization and responsibilities.
- Provide ongoing feedback and recognition as well as periodic formal performance appraisals.
- Manage and collaborate with team members on their work, providing guidance, problem solving, insight, etc., to support their success.
- Communicate, support, and apply WFAA policies and procedures in collaboration with Human Resources and other management team members.
- Review and approve expense reports reinforcing the WFAA travel and expense policies.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional work experience
- 4 + years of experience working in digital experience, marketing technology, marketing, or related field.
- 2 + years of experience working with Salesforce Marketing Cloud products, including Email Studio, Mobile Studio, Automation Studio, Content Builder, and Journey Builder.
- Salesforce certification in: Marketing Cloud Administrator and/or Marketing Cloud Consultant and/or Marketing Cloud Developer and/or Marketing Cloud Email Specialist.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Proven project management skills with the ability to prioritize, work with a sense of urgency, and meet deadlines. Experience analyzing and reporting on digital marketing data to measure effectiveness.
- Advanced computer skills, including intermediate to advanced experience with HTML, CSS, Ampscript, and SQL.
- Demonstrated experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud and related technologies.
- Demonstrated experience with Google Analytics and other digital analytics/measurement platforms.
WFAA is committed to provide our employees with an environment that is inspiring, creative and respectful. We offer competitive pay and an excellent benefits program, which includes a 10% 401k contribution after 1 year of service!
*The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer *The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association (advanceuw.org) is the “doing business as” name of the merged organization comprising the University of Wisconsin Foundation (supportuw.org) and the Wisconsin Alumni Association (uwalumni.com). Its legal corporate name is registered as the University of Wisconsin Foundation.