Donor Experience Officer (Annual Giving)
WFAA encourages individuals working out of WFAA offices or conducting in-person business to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. WFAA does not at this time require vaccination for in-person work or other business activity, but reserves the right to put in place such a requirement in the future. Should it do so WFAA will consider requests for accommodations only as required under applicable law.
The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association (WFAA)* is looking for three (3) Donor Experience Officers (DXO) to join our Annual Giving team. Each DXO will be assigned a specific fundraising priority. As energetic, passionate, and digital-first fundraisers, the DXOs will leverage modern marketing tools to express gratitude and ask for philanthropic support of one of the following priorities:
- School of Education (SoE)
- Chancellor’s Annual Fund –UW Priorities (UW)
- Wisconsin School of Business (WSB)
The DXO’s will use momentous giving days, video storytelling, and digital marketing to help donors transform the student experience and elevate the work of faculty within the colleges and schools. WFAA is seeking talented innovators to help align how we engage SoE, UW, and CAF donors with their passions through video, phone, social media, and digital connections.
Who is WFAA?
The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association is a private, nonprofit corporation that encourages individuals and organizations to make gifts to the university and to connect with the UW. In 2014, the UW Foundation merged with the Wisconsin Alumni Association® to better serve a growing population of UW alumni and donors. We believe that private support grows out of good relationships between campus leaders, faculty and program staff who need support, and the alumni and friends who want to invest in UW–Madison. We provide important engagement opportunities to link UW–Madison alumni to each other and to their alma mater, building a strong community of Badgers.
Diversity and Inclusion:
Just as the university community benefits from differing viewpoints, perspectives, and experiences, inclusion and diversity are imperative for the success of our mission. WFAA values people and the differences that they bring to the organization, and creates an environment in which all staff members and constituents feel respected and have opportunities to thrive.
- Cultivate relationships with annual leadership gift donors through email, phone, virtual meetings, and video
- Leverage tools of the WFAA marketing division to renew annual support at the $1,000-24,999 level
- Deepen UW’s partnership with donors and qualify them for increased support
Donor Success Development
- Communicate stories about the impact of annual philanthropic support with current and potential donor partners
- Serve as a point of contact for advancing relationships between the priority area and annual leadership donors
- Collaborate with development staff to identify and elevate donors through the pipeline
- Collaborate closely with priority area colleagues to identify and deliver content related to the impact of philanthropy through video, social media, and digital platforms
- Collaborate with digital and annual giving teams to tailor modern marketing tactics for leadership annual giving level donors
Requirements and Qualifications
- Previous experience in development, sales, customer service, marketing, or related field preferred
- Curiosity for discovering passions that motivate people
- Ability to inspire and share stories of impact verbally
- Emotional intelligence when engaging with donors
- A creative mind for strategic marketing to individuals and masses
- Enthusiasm to ask for philanthropic support for priority areas
- Willingness to learn and build
- Interest in analyzing data to determine strategy; strong attention to detail
- Video creation or digital marketing experience score bonus points
- Experience in a customer and/or donor-facing role
WFAA is committed to provide our employees with an environment that is inspiring, creative and respectful. We offer competitive pay and an excellent benefits program, which includes a 10% 401k contribution after 1 year of service!
The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer *The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association (advanceuw.org) is the “doing business as” name of the merged organization comprising the University of Wisconsin Foundation (supportuw.org) and the Wisconsin Alumni Association (uwalumni.com). Its legal corporate name is registered as the University of Wisconsin Foundation.