Digital Product Manager
The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association (WFAA)*, the private fundraising and alumni relations organization for the University of Wisconsin–Madison, is recruiting for a Digital Product Manager to join our Digital Experience team. The Digital Product Manager plays a lead role with our digital platforms – driving continuous improvement and collaborating with cross-functional teams and vendors to create effective and delightful digital experiences. The person in this role develops partnerships with key business stakeholders at WFAA and plays a lead role in Digital Product Teams – bringing together expertise from our digital, marketing, and program teams to manage our digital products, ensure operation excellence, and deliver great user experiences.
Successful candidates will demonstrate experience with or the ability to administer digital platforms – a key part of this role. They will also demonstrate their ability to become a subject matter expert on digital platforms and systems in a variety of spaces ranging from alumni/donor engagement to revenue and online transaction processing. If you’re a digitally savvy professional with a passion for UW-Madison, you may be a great fit for our team.
Our Marketing Communications division is a highly collaborative environment where everyone has the opportunity to innovate and create. On the Digital Marketing team, we approach every new challenge as a learning opportunity as we work with our colleagues to develop great designs, copy, strategy, and products. The busy nature of our team presents a great opportunity for a candidate who is interested in working on a variety of projects and who incorporates best practices while balancing the ability to meet deadlines. The right candidate will demonstrate an appreciation for the rigor required for platform management and integration work, and the sense of humor required to contribute to a pleasant day at work.
Who is WFAA?
The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association is a private, nonprofit corporation that encourages individuals and organizations to make gifts to the university and to connect with the UW. In 2014, the UW Foundation merged with the Wisconsin Alumni Association® to better serve a growing population of UW alumni and donors. We believe that private support grows out of good relationships between campus leaders, faculty and program staff who need support, and the alumni and friends who want to invest in UW–Madison. We provide important engagement opportunities to link UW–Madison alumni to each other and to their alma mater, building a strong community of Badgers.
Diversity and Inclusion:
Just as the university community benefits from differing viewpoints, perspectives, and experiences, inclusion and diversity are imperative for the success of our mission. WFAA values people and the differences that they bring to the organization, and creates an environment in which all staff members and constituents feel respected and have opportunities to thrive.
Digital Platform Management
- Support WFAA’s digital platform vision and strategy – based on business needs, industry research/trends, competitive analysis, product analytics, user insights, and third-party solutions.
- Monitor the digital landscape for solutions that may disrupt or affect web properties/platforms, leading to improved WFAA program performance in digital channels.
- Stay apprised of developments related to partner/vendor platforms and the impact on WFAA strategy/operations.
- Lead the day-to-day administration of third-party digital platforms, to ensure operations – including user-management, campaign management, job postings, issue management, and vendor relations – are handled in a timely, effective, and efficient manner.
- Manage and take responsibility for tasks necessary to ensure the effective operations of digital platforms.
- Serve as a liaison between WFAA and vendors, such as Graduway, ThoughtFarmer, and Classy ensuring effective collaboration with partner organizations.
- Play a lead role in advocating for technical innovations and content strategies, on digital platforms, that advance WFAA’s objectives.
Digital Product & Program Success
- Serve as a product manager for WFAA’s web properties, maintaining a high-level view of web content throughout our websites and ensuring content is properly maintained, aligns with program direction, marketing/communications objectives, and is consistent/well-integrated across programs and sites.
- Facilitate effective collaboration between colleagues on our Digital, Marketing, and various program teams (i.e. development, alumni relations, administration) to ensure friction-free operations as a leader of Digital Product Teams.
- Be an advocate of the end-user’s journey and support a balance of constituent’s needs and organizational objectives.
- Identify opportunities to improve the digital experience for constituents and work with colleagues to bring these solutions to life.
- Work with colleagues on WFAA’s Digital and technical teams to ensure that program vision and technical execution align.
- Develop plans and methods to actively engage program stakeholders in regular and ongoing review of web content to ensure it aligns with program strategy.
- Collaborate with Digital team colleagues to ensure web content is updated in a timely and efficient manner.
- Build relationships with WFAA business teams, serve as a strategist and consultant, and advise on digital revenue operations with colleagues in Gift Processing and across the organization.
- Partner with colleagues in Annual Giving, Digital Experience, and other teams to ensure optimized user experiences and efficient digital operations with revenue platforms and vendor partners.
- Build relationships with WFAA business teams, serve as a strategist and consultant, and ensure optimized user experiences and efficient digital operations with engagement platforms and vendor partners.
- Participate in the Intranet Governance Team and facilitate solutions to aid in effective internal communications and effective use of the platform. Assist in internal content development on Connect (WFAA’s intranet)
Analytics and Reporting
- Consult with WFAA teams regarding web traffic and effectiveness of web content.
- Monitor and, on a regular schedule, report on traffic and activity on WFAA digital platforms like Graduway and Connect to the Digital team, program/marketing stakeholders, and WFAA leadership.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Digital, Marketing, Business, or related field.
- 2+ years’ experience managing digital platforms, managing stakeholder relationships, and implementing digital products/solutions.
- Ability to understand marketing/communications/program strategy and apply it to web content and web application deliverables.
- Demonstrated consulting skills such as critical thinking, problem solving, desire to deliver value-based results, general flexibility/adaptability.
- Demonstrated communication and presentation skills to effectively collaborate with a variety of stakeholders (e.g. leadership, program teams, platform partners).
- Experience with Google Analytics and familiarity with Google Data Studio or other reporting platforms.
This is a full-time position reporting to the Associate Vice President & Managing Director of Digital Experience. WFAA is committed to provide our employees with an environment that is inspiring, creative and respectful. We offer competitive pay and an excellent benefits program, which includes a 10% 401k contribution after 1 year of service!
The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer *The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association is the “doing business as” name of the merged organization comprising the University of Wisconsin Foundation (supportuw.org) and the Wisconsin Alumni Association (uwalumni.com). Its legal corporate name is registered as the University of Wisconsin Foundation.