Development Program Specialist, College of Agricultural and Life Sciences
WFAA encourages individuals working out of WFAA offices or conducting in-person business to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. WFAA does not at this time require vaccination for in-person work or other business activity, but reserves the right to put in place such a requirement in the future. Should it do so WFAA will consider requests for accommodations only as required under applicable law.
The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association (WFAA)*, the private fundraising and alumni relations organization for UW-Madison, is recruiting for a Development Program Specialist to support UW-Madison, UW-Madison, College of Agricultural and Life Sciences. This is a non-exempt position supporting donor and campus relations, stewardship, and office administration activities that advance team goals and objectives. This position is a hybrid role and will require you to work in the office at least two days weekly.
Who is WFAA?
The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association is a private, nonprofit corporation that encourages individuals and organizations to make gifts to the university and to connect with the UW. In 2014, the UW Foundation merged with the Wisconsin Alumni Association® to better serve a growing population of UW alumni and donors. We believe that private support grows out of good relationships between campus leaders, faculty and program staff who need support, and the alumni and friends who want to invest in UW–Madison. We provide important engagement opportunities to link UW–Madison alumni to each other and to their alma mater, building a strong community of Badgers.
Diversity and Inclusion:
Just as the university community benefits from differing viewpoints, perspectives, and experiences, inclusion and diversity are imperative for the success of our mission. WFAA values people and the differences that they bring to the organization, and creates an environment in which all staff members and constituents feel respected and have opportunities to thrive.
Donor Relations and Stewardship
- In collaboration with campus, directors of development and central stewardship team, assist with all aspects of comprehensive stewardship of donors, including gift acknowledgements, milestone special thanks, and impact reporting.
- Coordinate gift fund administration process, including all activities related to the creation, documentation, tracking, notification, review, and stewardship of unit funds.
- Work with directors of development to assist in enhancing and implementing new opportunities for donor engagement.
- Coordinate stewardship programs within the unit.
- Collaborate with events team to plan, implement, and manage all aspects of events designed to identify and cultivate new prospects and build relationships with existing donors.
- Assist directors of development with donor visits, including preparing materials in advance and helping with follow-up, handling on-site logistics, greeting and hosting guests, and responding to miscellaneous needs as they arise.
- Serve as a point of contact for donors, helping to make gifts and addressing questions.
- Serve as point of contact for campus inquiries about policies and procedures at WFAA, working to build mutually beneficial relationships and share information on resources and best practices toward development goals.
- Participate actively in meetings and other activities with campus partners that support unit development efforts.
- Respond to campus questions regarding unit gifts and funds, identifying issues that require additional review and action.
CRM and Reporting
- Utilize and generate financial reports related to gift information requests from directors of development or campus partners.
- Work with the business intelligence team as needed to refine and customize lists for special mailings, invitations, donor recognition, etc.
- Maintain contact updates, donor biographic information, and other constituent management duties.
- Maintain advisory board memberships, donor recognition society memberships, and other affiliated groups within the constituent database.
- Serve as a resource for directors of development on database navigation and best practices.
- Coordinate the direct mailing of stewardship projects, solicitations, announcements, and event invitations.
- Provide development support for advanced administrative needs.
- Suggest areas for process improvement and assist in improvement implementation.
Requirements and Qualifications
1 + year of relevant work/internship experience
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong attention to detail.
- Some experience with designing creative visual content using programs like Canva is desired.
- Ability to judge the relative importance of issues and act independently to address them, applying the appropriate level of urgency to achieve results.
- Strong customer service mentality.
- Curiosity, a proactive nature, persistence, flexibility, dependability, tact, poise, professionalism, and diplomacy.
- Ability to work effectively with a team in an entrepreneurial environment and interact well with all internal and external constituents.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure; prioritize and manage many, sometimes competing tasks, and maintain confidentiality.
- High degree of proficiency in Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint); previous experience with database reporting and constituent relationship management software preferred.
WFAA is committed to provide our employees with an environment that is inspiring, creative and respectful. We offer competitive pay and an excellent benefits program, which includes a 10% 401k contribution after 1 year of service!
The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer *The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association is the “doing business as” name of the merged organization comprising the University of Wisconsin Foundation (supportuw.org) and the Wisconsin Alumni Association (uwalumni.com). Its legal corporate name is registered as the University of Wisconsin Foundation.