Business Intelligence (BI) Intern
Hours: This is a 10-20 hours per week position with flexible hours, Monday through Friday, between core business hours of 8:00am and 5:00pm.
The Wisconsin Foundation & Alumni Association (WFAA)*, the private fundraising and alumni relations organization for UW-Madison, is recruiting for a Business Intelligence Intern. This position will work as part of the Business Intelligence team to standardizing reporting code and continuous reports maintenance in support of the Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association business processes.
Who is WFAA?
The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association is a private, nonprofit corporation that encourages individuals and organizations to make gifts to the university and to connect with the UW. In 2014, the UW Foundation merged with the Wisconsin Alumni Association® to better serve a growing population of UW alumni and donors. We believe that private support grows out of good relationships between campus leaders, faculty and program staff who need support, and the alumni and friends who want to invest in UW–Madison. We provide important engagement opportunities to link UW–Madison alumni to each other and to their alma mater, building a strong community of Badgers.
Diversity and Inclusion:
Just as the university community benefits from differing viewpoints, perspectives, and experiences, inclusion and diversity are imperative for the success of our mission. WFAA values people and the differences that they bring to the organization, and creates an environment in which all staff members and constituents feel respected and have opportunities to thrive.
- Converting reports to use stored procedures
- Upkeep of column updates within reports
- Report execution tracking
Requirements and Qualifications
Knowledge and Skills:
- Statistics/Economics/Mathematics/Engineering/Computer Science or other Quantitative background.
- Demonstrates ability to explain analytical processes and deliver data in easy-to-understand, visual reports.
- Familiarity working with databases/SQL and Excel.
- Good documentation and communication skills.
- Team player, attention to detail, motivation to learn new technologies and develop business understanding.
The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer *The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association is the “doing business as” name of the merged organization comprising the University of Wisconsin Foundation (supportuw.org) and the Wisconsin Alumni Association (uwalumni.com). Its legal corporate name is registered as the University of Wisconsin Foundation.