Badger Call – Student Fundraising Caller
The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association (WFAA) is hiring Badger Call Student Fundraising Callers to start in Fall 2021! For 32 years, students working for the University of Wisconsin’s Badger Call have raised critical funds for the UW-Madison. Badger Call Student Fundraising Callers call UW alumni and friends on behalf of the university to share Badger experiences, discuss new developments on campus, and ask for financial support. Each year, the Badger Call team raises more than $2 million for the university.
By joining Badger Call as a Student Fundraising Caller, you’ll meet new people and develop your communications skills. Badger Call team members are some of the brightest, most personable students on campus. And, being part of the team is fun: games, nightly competitions, prizes, and social events are all just part of the job. Badger Call offers hours that are perfect for students and is located right in the heart of campus. You’ll work primarily evenings and weekends, so your job won’t interfere with your daytime classes.
Who is WFAA?
The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association is a private, nonprofit corporation that encourages individuals and organizations to make gifts to the university and to connect with the UW. In 2014, the UW Foundation merged with the Wisconsin Alumni Association® to better serve a growing population of UW alumni and donors. We believe that private support grows out of good relationships between campus leaders, faculty and program staff who need support, and the alumni and friends who want to invest in UW–Madison. We provide important engagement opportunities to link UW–Madison alumni to each other and to their alma mater, building a strong community of Badgers.
Diversity and Inclusion:
Just as the university community benefits from differing viewpoints, perspectives, and experiences, inclusion and diversity are imperative for the success of our mission. WFAA values people and the differences that they bring to the organization, and creates an environment in which all staff members and constituents feel respected and have opportunities to thrive.
- Gain a greater understanding of the UW, its organizational structure, and its annual needs for financial support.
- Call constituents (alumni, parents, and friends of UW) to build personal rapport, update demographic information, and acquire gifts in support of the university.
- Work with other student callers in a team-oriented environment to achieve institutional goals.
- Handle personal information with extreme confidentiality.
- Have a great time and make new friends!
- Competitive wages: $13.00/hour, with opportunities for raises each semester and promotions.
- Build your resume: Develop strong fundraising, communication, negotitation and marketing skills.
- Network: Converse with alumni in various professions throughout the country.
- Incentives: Games, Social Events, and Nightly Competitions!
Requirements and Qualifications
- Strong communications skills
- Willingness and desire to learn new things
The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer *The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association (advanceuw.org) is the “doing business as” name of the merged organization comprising the University of Wisconsin Foundation (supportuw.org) and the Wisconsin Alumni Association (uwalumni.com). Its legal corporate name is registered as the University of Wisconsin Foundation.