Assistant Director, Medical Annual Giving
WFAA encourages individuals working out of WFAA offices or conducting in-person business to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. WFAA does not at this time require vaccination for in-person work or other business activity, but reserves the right to put in place such a requirement in the future. Should it do so WFAA will consider requests for accommodations only as required under applicable law.
The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association (WFAA)* is seeking a Assistant Director, Medical Annual Giving. The Assistant Director, Medical Annual Giving leads the strategy and execution of online fundraising efforts including peer-to-peer, crowdfunding, and giving day initiatives. They will be responsible for acquiring, retaining, and stewarding donors through digital platforms as well as interfacing with constituents who would like to fundraise for our causes. This position is a hybrid role and will require you to work in the office at least two days weekly.
Who is WFAA?
The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association is a private, nonprofit corporation that encourages individuals and organizations to make gifts to the university and to connect with the UW. In 2014, the UW Foundation merged with the Wisconsin Alumni Association® to better serve a growing population of UW alumni and donors. We believe that private support grows out of good relationships between campus leaders, faculty and program staff who need support, and the alumni and friends who want to invest in UW–Madison. We provide important engagement opportunities to link UW–Madison alumni to each other and to their alma mater, building a strong community of Badgers.
Diversity and Inclusion:
Just as the university community benefits from differing viewpoints, perspectives, and experiences, inclusion and diversity are imperative for the success of our mission. WFAA values people and the differences that they bring to the organization, and creates an environment in which all staff members and constituents feel respected and have opportunities to thrive.
- Lead in developing the strategy and implementation plan for all online fundraising opportunities (i.e. crowdfunding and peer-to-peer efforts)
- Lead in developing the strategy and implementation plan for the Wisconsin Medicine Giving Day
- Work directly with UW Health and WFAA MarCom teams to secure Wisconsin Medicine Giving Day promotional materials
- Create and maintain donation pages for Wisconsin Medicine funds on online fundraising platforms
- Work directly with each medical fundraising area to develop and implement online fundraising best practices along with developing success measures and goals for each area
- Provide metrics to all medical development areas regarding their progress to goals for their online fundraising efforts
- Work directly with donors who wish to set up a peer-to-peer campaigns for milestones/birthdays/anniversaries
- Work directly with the Director of Medical Annual Giving and the Director of Medical Stewardship to develop and implement stewardship strategies for peer-to-peer campaigns
- Manage donor journey from start to finish
- Work directly with UW Health and WFAA MarCom teams in the creation of a toolkit for donors to use to promote their online campaigns
- Lead for creating crowdfunding pages and including donor coordination and implementing/creating content for each page
- Work with digital marketing team to troubleshoot technical issues within online giving platforms
- Participate in conferences and webinars to advance professional growth in the online giving space along with identifying best practices to implement for Wisconsin Medicine
- Develop an annual budget for online giving with approval from Director of Medical Annual Giving
- Develop workflows with Gift Services to ensure proper tagging and tracking of gifts given through online fundraising platform
- Work directly with UW Health MarCom to develop a social media strategy and execution plan to promote online fundraising
- Present results and strategies at various Wisconsin Medicine meetings
Requirements and Qualifications
- 3 + years of fundraising, donor relations, or direct response marketing experience
- Excellent customer service and ability to work independently
- Microsoft Office proficiency, particularly Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Project management skills and attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Team player with good communication skills
- Previous experience with online fundraising platforms such as Classy
- Persuasive writing skills, ability to articulate a case for support
WFAA is committed to provide our employees with an environment that is inspiring, creative and respectful. We offer competitive pay and an excellent benefits program, which includes a 10% 401k contribution after 1 year of service!
The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer *The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association (advanceuw.org) is the “doing business as” name of the merged organization comprising the University of Wisconsin Foundation (supportuw.org) and the Wisconsin Alumni Association (uwalumni.com). Its legal corporate name is registered as the University of Wisconsin Foundation.