Alumni Engagement Intern
Hours: Monday – Friday, 10-15 hours per week during the school year, with additional hours possible during breaks and over the summer. Flexibility of scheduling, working around class schedules, and academic or other obligations will be offered.
The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association (WFAA*), the private fundraising and alumni relations organization for UW-Madison, is seeking a Student and Recent Grad Engagement Intern. This position will assist with a variety of projects which include, but are not limited to, programming and event planning, Badger Bridge Virtual Networking platform, Recent Grad Council, connecting with campus partners, current students and alumni, and more. The internship offers the opportunity to network with influential alumni while gaining valuable programming experience.
Who is WFAA?
The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association is a private, nonprofit corporation that encourages individuals and organizations to make gifts to the university and to connect with the UW. In 2014, the UW Foundation merged with the Wisconsin Alumni Association® to better serve a growing population of UW alumni and donors. We believe that private support grows out of good relationships between campus leaders, faculty and program staff who need support, and the alumni and friends who want to invest in UW–Madison. We provide important engagement opportunities to link UW–Madison alumni to each other and to their alma mater, building a strong community of Badgers.
Diversity and Inclusion:
Just as the university community benefits from differing viewpoints, perspectives, and experiences, inclusion and diversity are imperative for the success of our mission. WFAA values people and the differences that they bring to the organization, and creates an environment in which all staff members and constituents feel respected and have opportunities to thrive.
- Support Student and Recent Grad events and program initiatives
- Event planning and execution for new student and commencement programs
- Research and develop innovative ways to inform students and recent grads about Badger Bridge
- Attend the Recent Grad Council meetings (schedule permitting)
- Support the program execution of Wisconsin Alumni Student Board (WASB) initiatives
- Social media and web page support.
- Attend WFAA and campus partner sponsored events/activities.
- Assist with communicating with students and recent grads via email, phone, and in-person.
- Perform other duties in support of the organizational mission and university advancement.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Current UW-Madison student
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are necessary
- Demonstrated collaboration skills
- Leadership and involvement on campus
- Knowledge and experience in event planning and implementation
- Familiarity with social media
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Exceptional customer service skills
The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer *The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association is the “doing business as” name of the merged organization comprising the University of Wisconsin Foundation (supportuw.org) and the Wisconsin Alumni Association (uwalumni.com). Its legal corporate name is registered as the University of Wisconsin Foundation.